Catastrophic Injury Claims in Texas
While any injury can be serious, some are so severe, they completely alter the victim’s life. These types of injuries are known as “catastrophic” injuries, and they typically have significant, long-lasting implications for victims and their families.
If you or someone you love sustained a catastrophic injury due to a motor vehicle accident, unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, or any other type of incident, you could be entitled to financial compensation. At Kelley Law Firm, we represent catastrophic injury victims and their loved ones, providing compassionate and personalized support throughout the legal process. We strive to develop real, meaningful relationships with our clients and are proud to serve people from all walks of life. Though we are based in Dallas, we represent individuals and families across Texas, including in DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, and all of the surrounding areas. We have a long track record of success and have recovered more than half a billion dollars in compensation for our clients.
Get in touch with us today at (972) 853-5398 or contact us online to request a free initial consultation with one of our compassionate catastrophic injury lawyers in Dallas.
Although there is no set definition of a “catastrophic injury,” any injury that results in significant and/or permanent impairment of an important bodily function, system, organ, or member is generally considered “catastrophic.”
Some examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Hearing damage
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of vision
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
These and other catastrophic injuries necessitate extensive medical treatment and ongoing care. Some individuals may even need lifelong assistance with once-routine tasks. Many will be unable to return to work at full capacity or at all, meaning they will suffer significant loss of income and face additional financial hardship on top of expensive medical bills.
At Kelley Law Firm, our attorneys understand the immense implications catastrophic injuries have on the lives of victims and their loved ones. With this in mind, we fight for maximum compensation for our clients. While nothing can negate the pain and suffering you have been through, a fair settlement or verdict can provide the monetary resources you and your family need to heal.
$18 Million $18 MillionOur client suffered an auto accident resulting in injury.
$9 Million $9 MillionOur client suffered a trucking accident, resulting in a fatality.
Catastrophic injuries result from all types of serious accidents and traumatic events.
Some of the most common causes include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home neglect
- Serious falls
- Unsafe property conditions
- Explosions and fires
- Workplace accidents
- Violence and criminal acts
If someone else—whether another person, a business, a manufacturer, or some other entity—was responsible for the incident that caused your or your loved one’s catastrophic injury, you have the right to take legal action. Kelley Law Firm can help you seek fair financial compensation for your economic and non-economic damages, such as medical expenses, future care costs, lost wages, lost earning ability, pain, suffering, and more.
They are responsive, ethical, and very effective. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Although catastrophic injury claims are similar to personal injury cases, they have several important differences. It is important that you work with an attorney who has experience navigating the many unique and nuanced challenges inherent in most catastrophic injury cases.
Some of the factors that set catastrophic injury claims apart from standard personal injury cases include:
- The Severity of the Victim’s Injuries: By nature, catastrophic injuries are more severe than other types of injuries. As a result, victims typically experience greater and more life-altering consequences. Often, these injuries require the expert testimony of established medical providers to prove the impacts they have on victims’ lives.
- The Cost of Medical Care: Because catastrophic injuries are so severe in scope, they typically require far more extensive medical treatment than other, less-serious injuries. The cost of this medical care can quickly add up, leading to thousands of dollars in medical bills over the course of the victim’s lifetime.
- The Extent of the Victim’s Damages: In addition to exorbitantly expensive medical care, catastrophic injury victims are likely to suffer numerous economic and non-economic damages, including months, years, or even a lifetime of lost wages, as well as significant physical and mental pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses.
- Future Loss Considerations: The effects of catastrophic injuries tend to be long-lasting. Victims need an attorney who not only knows how to effectively seek financial compensation for past and current damages but future losses, as well. Your attorney should understand the ongoing and future damages you are likely to experience and prepare a case that effectively seeks maximum compensation for those continued losses.
- The Insurance Company’s Unwillingness to Pay: Insurance companies are businesses, and, like any other business, they are primarily interested in protecting their bottom lines. As a result, they are highly likely to dispute catastrophic injury claims, which tend to be high in value. It is important that you have an attorney on your side who can fight back against the insurance company’s efforts to dispute or deny your claim, as well as advocate for the full, fair amount you are owed.
In short, if you or someone you love has sustained a catastrophic injury, it is important that you work with a personal injury attorney who has extensive experience handling cases like yours.
At Kelley Law Firm, our Dallas catastrophic injury lawyers have handled hundreds of cases on behalf of severely injured individuals and the families of the catastrophically injured throughout Texas. We have a long and proven legacy of success, having recovered over $500 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We encourage you to reach out to us today to learn how we can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Contact us online using our secure submission form, or call our office at (972) 853-5398 to request your complimentary consultation with a member of our team.